Young Womens activities; Ben's second job; teaching school full-time; reading essays; grading tests; dealing with kids throwing airplanes or pencils or both, standing on chairs and tilting back, looking you in the eyes and doing the opposite of what you kindly asked them to do; potty-training Daila, poop on the floor; preparing Janae for baptism; helping Anna write her auto-biography for class; flying industry down, supporting Ben as he goes back to school, grateful for ESI increasing their tuition reimbursement program; Janae's personality clash with her teacher; Young Women presidency meeting; Daila's adjustment into sunbeams; wondering if sensory processing disorder will explain why she is up so much in the night; baths, brush teeth, scripture study; writing lesson plans; professional development, student council meetings, student support team meetings, staff meetings, morning duty, fourth grade candy sales, student pick-up duty, call students' parents to introduce myself (so they won't hate me the next time I call to tell them their kids are behaving like brats); Beehive presidency meeting; New Beginnings committee meeting; mini Youth Conference chaperones; my sweet neice's brain tumor--worry, worry worry; reading Rebecca for book club (maybe I'll just watch the movie); reading about sensory processing disorder; reading 4th grade math books so I don't look like the idiot I am, how can I engage them in their math lessons?; did I mention Ben's second job?
I am grateful for civil rights and Dr. King for many reasons . . . but presently the top reason on my list is a FOUR DAY WEEKEND!!!
Ok so it doesn't happen all at once like that, but it still is a lot on my mind. We are all in an adjustment period at my house. I am grateful for such a supporting and active husband who helps at home. I am grateful for sweet helpful daughters who let me sleep in by taking care of each other. I am grateful for a support network of friends who offer words of encouragement and lift my spirits with their humor and love. I am grateful for a mother who can be my best friend and counselor in addition to her normal motherly duties. I am grateful for a large family who stand behind me no matter what life throws my way. I am grateful for the gospel that keeps my perspective eternal.
So that's what we are up to . . . how 'bout you?
Resep Ayam Goreng Mentega Asam Pedas yang Lezat
9 years ago
sheesh i knew you were busy but dang girl you need an extra wife... or nanny or a CLONE thats it. You should get one of those. :) ps its your turn
ReplyDeleteamen to Aprils' comment. It would be nice to have a little house elf wouldn't it? You guys are some busy people! I miss seeing you and I really do hope that the adjustments get over soon! The only thing missing from that list is that you are expecting!
ReplyDeleteI don't know that I'm any busier than most people, I just think I have some sort of time-management deficiency in my personality. LDS women have a lot on their plates and in their minds taking up worry space.
ReplyDelete