Friday, February 19, 2010

New Start

Okay. I'm tired of wearing my heart on my sleeve so I'm just typing a new post.
This is our first weekend home in about a month. It feels good. We ordered pizza tonight, and I did so good with my calories today I could've eaten 3 pieces! But, of course, I didn't. I also rented a couple of movies. I haven't rented a movie in about 8 months! woohoo! ;-) I shadowed my teacher friend, Amy, this week. I will be teaching her 3rd graders when she goes on maternity leave in 2 weeks. I will be their teacher for the remainder of the year. That will be fun (I think I'll like 3rd grade curriculum) and much better pay. We could use that. I am also studying for a Praxis exam in April which will give me certification to teach from birth through 3rd grade (if I pass it) in addition to my ElEd certification. And I'm looking forward to going back to our Ward and my little nursery friends at church. We have all kinds of good things happening that we can focus on. So I better get off this computer and watch that movie with my sweetie. See ya! :-p

3 comments:

  1. I know you will pass the Praxis because I did. When I took it I asked teachers about it and in our area they had an awesome book to study and they also had study sessions with others to help. Maybe you could find something like that in your area? Third Grade is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for normal! Chris and I went and saw Percy Jackson for a matinee this Saturday and then decided to go out for dinner and back again for Valentine's Day :). Talk about a fun Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It ws so good to see you at the temple the other saturday. Its just crazy how lives can cross paths, what were the chances of that. I was sad to hear of your dads death. Today I was at our Stake RS activity and I saw this really familiar face. It took me a while to remember where I knew that face from. It was only Dana!! We're hopefully going to get together soon and play. Are you planning a trip out at all? It sure would be good to get together. take care of yourself bev

    ReplyDelete