Disclaimer: Even though I'm writing this post in complaint, I know there are certain aspects for which I cannot complain. So with my gratitude intact for my weightloss, here is what I have to say:
I HATE SWIMSUIT SHOPPING!!!
First of all, WHY must everything be a two piece?!? I know a tankini covers your midsection and we may as well just put all modesty standards aside, because two pieces means you have 2 . . . TWO! . . . two pieces of clothing to now fit your body. Not to mention the options. I tried regular bottoms, boy shorts, board shorts, regular shorts, skirts, skirt with wrap, skirt with rouging, wraps . . . and did you know that each one of those vary in size?
(Please note I haven't even mentioned the tops which also vary in sizes and styles and must all be tried on to insure proper fit.)
Second, WHY did a size 6 dress skirt fit me today while I had to opt for a size 12 swimsuit? Listen up swimsuit manufacturers! Just mark the swimsuit a few sizes smaller than they really are please. You will make thousands of women happier. Happy women=increased sales. Duh. C'mon people.
Last reason for hating swimsuit shopping (probably most people's #1) . . . body image. While I was putting my jeans back on, Anna says (Oh and I won't even get into the humiliation of having to try on swimsuits with a peanut gallery of honest little girls) so Anna says, "Are those new jeans?" "No Anna, my body just looks better covered up." Especially after having to look at it in those unflattering, tight-fitting, ill-fitting excuses of modern swimwear for so long. I hope I didn't scar my daughters for life.
So as all shopping trips go, I came out successful. *insert dripping sarcasm* I will just wear my old swimsuit for one more summer . . . or two . . . or however long I can possibly make it last, cuz I don't think I can endure another day like this for quite some time.
(Please note I haven't even mentioned the tops which also vary in sizes and styles and must all be tried on to insure proper fit.)
Second, WHY did a size 6 dress skirt fit me today while I had to opt for a size 12 swimsuit? Listen up swimsuit manufacturers! Just mark the swimsuit a few sizes smaller than they really are please. You will make thousands of women happier. Happy women=increased sales. Duh. C'mon people.
Last reason for hating swimsuit shopping (probably most people's #1) . . . body image. While I was putting my jeans back on, Anna says (Oh and I won't even get into the humiliation of having to try on swimsuits with a peanut gallery of honest little girls) so Anna says, "Are those new jeans?" "No Anna, my body just looks better covered up." Especially after having to look at it in those unflattering, tight-fitting, ill-fitting excuses of modern swimwear for so long. I hope I didn't scar my daughters for life.
So as all shopping trips go, I came out successful. *insert dripping sarcasm* I will just wear my old swimsuit for one more summer . . . or two . . . or however long I can possibly make it last, cuz I don't think I can endure another day like this for quite some time.
No comments:
Post a Comment