We went to Sullivan for our 3 day -4th of July- weekend. It was very relaxing and a lot of fun. We came back Sunday morning for a busy "unpack, get ready, eat lunch, and go to church" kind of day. Both Ben and I had to teach a lesson a church. So we hadn't been home and we didn't really know what to make for dinner (plus we get out of church at 4 pm so it doesn't leave a lot of prep time). Ben went to check on the garden and said that Anna's cabbage was ready to be picked. So I thought, "Hey! Why don't we make Jenny's chicken salad!?!" So we grilled some chicken and used our fresh cabbage and green onions from the garden and had the most delicious
Chicken Won Ton Salad I have ever had. (With Janae's fresh cucumber on the side.)
Here's the recipe if you're interested:
2-3 Cooked, chopped chicken breasts
2 T. sunflower seeds
2 T. slivered almonds
1/2 head cabbage, thinly sliced
3-4 green onions
1 package ramen noodles
Dressing:
1/2 cup vinegar
ramen season packet (oriental or chicken flavored works best)
2 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 T. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
Hope you also had an enjoyable holiday weekend!
Resep Ayam Goreng Mentega Asam Pedas yang Lezat
9 years ago
I love gardens. I think I forget how delicious everything tastes when it's picked ripe. Tomatoes, corn, cucumbers. It's all better out of a garden. Thanks for the recipe. I give it a try!
ReplyDelete