
We received a wonderful package in the mail the other day. Anna won 2nd place in the District writing contest for her book report on Flat Stanley's Christmas Adventure! We are all very proud and excited for her. She completed this assignment at school and on her own. She didn't have any help from me and just lots and lots of encouragement from her positive, energetic, and awesome 3rd grade teacher. In fact, a girl from Anna's class got 1st place (I guess her mom made a DVD of her doing a book club type speech). But Anna won all by herself because of her hard work and good study skills. Woohoo! Good job, Anna!!

So what was in the package? A letter from the St. Louis English Teacher's Association congratulating her on her achievement and a check for $50!!!! She was really excited about that. Plus, her teacher had added lots of sparkly fairy stickers, a letter saying how proud she was of her, a separate personal certificate, a journal, and a mechanical pencil. Way to go, Anna. I guarantee you one thing . . . Anna will always love writing now. :)
I am impressed! I hope that she continues to write!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations anna! I am not suprised at all, you are such a smart girl :)
ReplyDeletewoohoo! Chris just finished her Flat Stanley story and asked me to mail it (since she's at Girls Camp this week), so watch for it in the mail about Friday-ish.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Anna! That is quite an accomplishment. And what fun to get money in the mail! Woo-hoo!
ReplyDelete