Dad often said, "Once a Marine, always a Marine."
Semper Fidelis! . . .
. . . "always faithful."
"Brightly beams our Father's mercy from his lighthouse evermore, but to us he gives the keeping of the lights along the shore. Let the lower lights be burning; send a gleam across the wave. Some poor fainting, struggling seaman you may rescue, you may save.
Trim your feeble lamp, my brother; some poor sailor, tempest-tossed, trying now to make the harbor, in the darkness may be lost.
Let the lower lights be burning; send a gleam across the wave. Some poor fainting, struggling seaman you may rescue, you may save."
Hymn #335
Hymn #335
My dad followed our Father's lighthouse and let his light burn for those struggling along the shore. Even in his last week of life, he gave priesthood blessings to branch members, shared much needed messages from Heavenly Father, and taught us the importance of eternities through temple service. He rescued many "fainting, struggling seaman" and continues to save me. I have a new, stronger commitment to honor both my father and my Father in Heaven.
Linda, I'm so sorry for your father's passing. I have fond memories of him in the bishopric back in Washington, he was such a great example. Sending you lots of love and prayers at this time.
ReplyDeleteGood Post. Look at my blog because I got a cute one of Daila. It sure was fun seeing all of you. I hope we can have a Hamblin Reunion really soon.
ReplyDelete