Sunday, October 10, 2010

Birthday Fun

We went to Incredible Pizza this year for Daila's birthday. We got some free tokens and we thought it would be a fun treat . . . and it was. I can't believe she's five! ;)

Carousels and Horsie Rides are this girl's favorites.




A little blurry on my cell phone camera, but she's having a blast. :)





Birthday Ice Cream?! Yum!!





This next picture was actually taken a few weeks ago. We knew Daila wanted a Pillow Pet for her birthday and were planning to get her one. One day, while shopping at Walmart, Daila saw the Pillow Pet she wanted and she cried and cried until I let her hold it. But then she realized I was only letting her hold it and I told her to give it a hug and a kiss and put it back. She just couldn't bring herself to part with it. So I told her I would take her picture but that she would have to stop crying and look happy for the picture. It worked. She settled down and was able to say her goodbyes now that she had a picture to remember it by. I'm sure the other Walmart shoppers thought I was torturing her, but she survived. And boy was she excited on her birthday to open up her present and see the Pillow Pet she had been wanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment