Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thoughtful Gifts

Last day of school for the 2011-2012 school year; my first year of teaching preschool at the Ritenour School for Early Childhood Education.  It has been a good year and I am looking forward to learning more about Early Childhood Education.  I found a Master's program at Webster University for Early Childhood Education with an emphasis on Inclusion Education.  I'm excited about taking classes in this specialized area.  I now they will make me a better early childhood teacher and I can't wait.  Now I just need to find a way to afford them . . . hmmm . . .


Well my students have spoiled me today, bringing me flowers and candy and jewelry as gifts of appreciation.  I will miss these kiddos moving on to kindergarten.  I like that I get to teach some of my students for two years.  I will especially miss my first four preschoolers: Ciara, Jared, Isaac and Cody.  What memories we have made this year!!
This lovely bracelet has earrings to match.  Thank you, Jared!
This shirt was a sweet and personal gift from one of my students who is moving on to kindergarten. Thank you, Ciara.  She said her favorite day was when I dressed up like Bust 'em Up Bill from the book Library Lil. I must say I felt a bit like a paradox that day walking into preschool in my Harley boots, motorcycle chaps, and cut off tee with my district laptop bag and canvas teachers bag. Lol. Good times....

No comments:

Post a Comment