Friday, September 19, 2008

Voelkel News in a Flash

So here is what we have been up to:

Ben is still working in tech-support at Express-Scripts. He is doing great there and enjoys what he does. He is in the Elders' Quorum Presidency at church. He recently earned his private pilot's license, and is continuing to study to obtain his instrument rating on his way to becoming a commercial pilot. He has been working out, lowering his percentage of body fat, lifting weights, and he is looking good (if I do say so myself). He will be starting a part-time job at Sprint (soon we think), and manages to keep everything operating in top form at home.






Linda is substituting for the Ritenour and Pattonville School Districts about 4 days a week. She is taking 4 graduate credits online through Missouri Baptist University. In about 4 weeks, she will have active teaching certification for Missouri. She is lined up to take on a long term sub position for a 4th grade teacher's maternity leave at the beginning of 2009. She is continuing her Polynesian dance lessons and has 4 luau performances under her belt so far. She is back in the Young Women's Presidency at church and busy raising 3 beautiful, strong, young women of her own.






Anna, Janae, and Daila are doing great. They aren't nearly as busy as their parents (or we would all go crazy!). They are so unique in personality and so fun to watch grow up. Anna and Janae are old enough, now, to stand up for what they think is right. (But that doesn't mean they are always right.) I will share more stories about each of them as time goes on. I am very proud of them. We are entering a new stage of parenting with them and we are adapting to new problems: instead of "not sharing" and "oops I spilled", we must face "why can't we wear bikinis" and "why were those teenagers kissing in the field". What's more, they know the answers--they want to know why that's the answer. And Daila is just a firecracker! She is so quiet and reserved away from home, but on her terf . . . baby, watch out. She is a lot like Ben in the way she teases. And when she does something naughty, she comes to get me, wearing a look that is a mixture of humor and timidity, to show me what she did--like she is proud of it, but knows it's wrong! So what's up with that? Boy she's got spunk, I tell ya.
Well, not much of a flash, but that's the Voelkel News.

4 comments:

  1. linda, I don't know how you do it all! It sounds crazy busy. But crazy exciting at the same time. I sure miss you guys! I can't believe how big the girls are getting and it feels like I was just there. Ummm. 14 months ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, it's so fun to see your blog and see your cute family. It's been way too long since we've been in touch, so I'm excited that you agreed to do a blog. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited you are blogging. I love the update on your family. The girls are so big!!! Congrats to Ben on his pilots license - that is awesome. I can't wait to see more updates. I am only a once a month blogger. I am worse at facebook. I do a lot of stalking but not much interacting - lol. My hair has been short for awhile. I am so bad at updating people. Now I am missing long hair though and will probably start growing it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's exciting to see how well you guys are doing. I added you to our blog and it's not a glamorous as yours, but it's our own little blog. :o)

    ReplyDelete