Janae was baptized on June 6, 2009 at 4:00 pm. Thanks to all the family and Ward members who helped make this a special day. We enjoyed seeing all of our family and we are blessed to have such a great heritage. Here are a few photos of Janae on her special day:
I had to take this one quickly, I was losing Ben's interest. Silly little punk; he just doesn't like pictures taken of him. :P And now for some excited photos in the car on the way to the church:
The girls and I sat in the back seat together. Janae was on my right . . .
. . . and Anna was on my left.
We wanted to get a picture of Dad in there too, but he was driving and we had a hard time getting a clear shot. But you can see Grandma Voelkel to the right and Daila's carseat on the left.
Oh here's Dad!!! :) Anna helped me take this shot. We got pretty lucky--this was our first try.
And last but not least, Grandpa Voelkel was in the front passenger seat.
Needless to say, the girls and I were excited and had a lot of fun with the camera on the way to her baptism.
We want to honor Janae's wonderful dad who performed the ordinances for her today. We are so glad he was able to do that. His good choices and desire for righteous living continually blesses our home. He is a great example and Janae was glad he could baptize her.
We also want to honor the men in Janae's life who were able to help confirm her: Her dad, Grandpa Hamblin, Grandpa Voelkel, Bishop Brown, Lafi Manumaleuna, Jeff Hamblin, John Hamblin, Gabriel Novak, Josh Voelkel, Brian Voelkel, and Nathan Voelkel. All related to her (except the Bishop). How blessed to have so many worthy men in her life to show Janae what a man is supposed to be. Thanks to all of you and your wives and families for supporting Janae on her special day.
hooray! What a wonderful day. At the last baptism I attended they sang that song, Whenever I See Rainbows and I can't look at a rainstorm the same. What a special day!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big the girls are getting. That is so exciting! Hope all is going well for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI think Anna looks so much like you! What a great day for Janae and your family!! It's a great parent pay-off day!
ReplyDeleteI can't remember the Sis. Hinckley quote for sure. But I love it too. I'm going to try and find it again and I'll let you know.